Solidmate Ltd. | Solid State Media Rentals in Scotland
Terms & Conditions
1. All media is supplied in fully working order, free of data and free of any damage, it must be be fully checked on arrival, any defects must be reported within 24hrs upon receipt. Reports of damage at the end or during the shoot is (after 24hrs) will result in replacement charge
2. All media must be returned in the same condition as supplied, any removal of original or Solidmate branding may result in replacement charges. Stickering, permanent ink or any other defacing may result in replacement charge or cleaning costs.
3. Held over media is charged at the standard daily rate.
4. Posted media is sent in good faith free of and defects or damage but we are unable to guarantee arrival in this condition as will be in the hands of a 03rd party delivery service so must be thoroughly checked on arrival.
5. Solidmate Ltd does not warrant that functions of media supplied will not be error free, that defects will be corrected, or this or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
6. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and checks to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output. (Check out our Good Practice Guide section)
7. Solidmate Ltd can accept no responsibility for damages resulting from improper use or other computer or Information technology related issues or problems.
8. Solidmate Ltd shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
(a) loss of data;
(b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
(c) loss of business;
(d) loss of opportunity;
(e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
(f) losses suffered by third parties; or
(g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use this site regardless of the form of action.
9. The “Hirer” is the person, persons, company or organisation who take the equipment or media on hire and used entirely at Hirer’s risk, including any third party.
10. Equipment not returned, or returned broken replacement charges will apply.
11. We recommend all equipment or media supplied is checked by the “Hirer” immediately upon receipt.
12. Any breakdown or unsatisfactory working of equipment or media must be notified to us immediately.
13. We accept no liability for any loss or damage due to or arising from such breakdown or unsatisfactory work, however caused.
14. Data recovery is at the expense of the hirer.
15. Corrupt memory can occur for many different reasons and at any time, using any such equipment, memory or electrical items is never guaranteed to be 100% solid but there various steps which can be taken to try and avoid this from happening, please follow our Good Practice Guide
Invariably from time to time a product will require support, potentially leading to investigation, repair and the need to return the product. If this should that happen, your product support request will be handled quickly and efficiently.
Process is as follows.
Having identified a suspected fault with your product supplied by Solidmate Ltd contact: Telephone: +44 (0)20 3475 7010 or use our Contact page
We will request the serial number, make and model type of memory and will talk you through common faults and possible resolutions, this is to minimize disruption and gain a better understanding as to the suspected fault and confirm use in the correct manner.
Should this not resolve the issue we will offer a replacement which will be dispatched as soon as possible and the following steps will be taken:
We will reference the issue on our work/card dairy and await return for inspection
Test and inspection will be performed upon return which will ascertain a fault or any damage.
Note: On some occasions where media and camera are not correctly in sync or card is placed in camera incorrectly this will cause a glitch on the media – a full re-formatting of the media may be required before use and often solves the issue unless damaged or internally corrupted.
In the event a fault found with the media we will return to manufacturer for replacements. Solidmate Ltd Guarantee all media supplied is 100% authentic, purchased from a genuine manufacturer re seller and is under full warranty should a fault occur.
Return of hire media
Return of media is the responsibility of the hirer unless arranged by Solidmate Ltd, sufficient insurance cover should be applied in case of loss or damage on return unless arranged and authorised otherwise.
A signature from a Solidmate employee is required upon return to ensure media has been received unless arranged and authorised otherwise. Solidmate Ltd can arrange collection inside London upon request – charges may apply
Basic weekly charge explained:
If hiring on a weekly basis this is charged at 2 days, the charge will apply on the first two days after the start of the hire and continue on that basis weekly for example;
Delivery of cards on a Wednesday you will be charged for Thursday and Friday the rest of the week is free if needed until collection or return the following Wednesday or extended for another week where the same rules apply.
If you would like more information on charges please contact us